This report offers an in-depth look at digital reality and the opportunity that brings to consumer product companies, helping them build a competitive advantage.
Digital reality ecosystems are comprised of newer disruptive technologies, including virtual reality, augmented reality and mixed reality. These ecosystems replace or create new content into users environments, seamlessly introducing content that allows for interactive experiences. Digital reality as a disruptive technology within the consumer product industry can help consumers make more informed purchase decisions.
- Mattel rolled out AR, which overlays digitally created content into the users real-world environment so that customers can visualize and experience how Hot Wheels cars would traverse through the track.
- Personalized product experiences provides more information about instructions, demonstrations, and details on ingredients or contents.
- Disruptive technologies help companies deliver enhanced brand engagements and experience with highly effective marketing and advertising.
The digital reality also presents solutions for improving employee experiences and operational improvements.
- Tyson Foods leverages VR to drive general safety and hazard awareness training for employees, leading to a 20% reduction in injuries and illnesses.
- Through real-time training and virtually engaging companies are able to improve employee effectiveness and increase efficiency.
I read the article mentioned above (https://www2.deloitte.com/insights/us/en/industry/retail-distribution/potential-of-digital-reality-consumer-products.html) and thought it was interesting. While I am not offering an endorsement of a strategy, tactics, thoughts, service nor a company or author, the information was intellectually stimulating and thoughtful and worth a review.
All opinions & expressions are solely those of the author and not those of any other individual, institution or business.